How to obtain a National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSIFT) compliance certificateqeeva
HOW TO OBTAIN A NIGERIA SOCIAL INSURANCE TRUST FUND (NSIFT) COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
The National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSIFT) compliance certificate is one of the relevant documents required by any contractor or supplier that is dealing with the Federal government of Nigeria. The purpose of the National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSIFT) is to provide compensation to employees who suffer from occupational disease, sustain injuries or disability from an accident at the work place or in the course of employment. It also ensures that compensation is given to the employee’s next of kin in the case of death during the course of work.
In order to get the National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSIFT) compliance certificate, there will be a physical assessment of your employee’s wages by the National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSIFT) in order to ascertain the amount that will be paid month for a total year. The following are the requirement and procedures for obtaining a National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSIFT) compliance certificate in Nigeria:
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A NSIFT COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE IN NIGERIA
- A Scanned Copy of Official Logo/Seal
- A Scanned Copy of Signature all in GIF, JPEG or PNG Format(Size: 200kb/200 x 200px)
- All your company’s Employees record typed in Microsoft Excel and saved in CSV (Comma Delimited) format for Windows and Windows CSV format for Mac users.
REGISTRATION TO OBTAIN A NSIFT COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE IN NIGERIA
- Proceed to nsitf.gov.ng on your computer and click on the employer’s registration and fill the following details
- Particulars for the business.
- Total Staff Emolument
- Business Sector Category
- Details of Employer and Company’s Contact Person.
- Upload of Signature and Company Logo. (Ensure the pictures are in the right file format and size).
- Click on complete to submit your registration
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email you used to register. The email will consist of your Transaction code, ECS code, Login password and the information filled in the registration process
- Proceed back to the NSITF home page and click on Employer’s login
- Type in the ECS code as the username and the login password as your password which was sent to your email address
- Log in
- On the Employee registration page after logging in, choose file to select the already prepared Employees’ document and Click Upload
- Fill in all the required employee details while leaving the NSITF Employee Number Column blank.
- Click on choose file to select the document
- Click upload and logout
- Another email will be sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org, the message will show the invoice number and the 1% calculation of your total staff emolument for one year.
- Your payment is dependent on your year of company registration.
- Proceed to any NSITF branch office close to you with duplicate copies of:
- Your deposit slip
- Print out from registration
- Certificate of incorporation
- Tax receipt and Tax clearance certificate
- Your NSITF clearance certificate will be given to you
The Nigeria Social Insurance trust fund (NSITF) compliance certificate is one of the relevant documents required by any contractor or supplier that is dealing with the Federal government of Nigeria. For compliance and more details regarding the Nigeria Social Insurance trust fund (NSITF),you can contact Qeeva Advisory Limited on 08023200801, 08075765799, Email: email@example.com
About the author
Onamakinde Dare Daniel is a highly motivated accountant with knowledge in Accounting, Taxation, Management, Audit, Costing and Research. He is keen on tax matters due to its ever dynamic nature.