SALARY AND JOB GRADING REVIEW SERVICES NIGERIA
WHAT IS SALARY AND JOB GRADING REVIEW?
Salary and job grading review is affiliated with job evaluation and this deals with the procedure involved in analyzing the obligations, duties, remuneration and requirement of every job and then appraising the value of these jobs in relation to others in the same industry or organization which will be based on established standards.
Salary and Job grading review offers the systematic methods for finding the appropriate grade classifications of jobs towards payments of equitable compensation. Some of the salary and job review factors include the following:
- Mental Effort
- Problem Solving
- Working Conditions
- Financial Responsibility
- Mental Demand
- Physical Effort
- Freedom to Act
- Visual Demand
- Contacts with others
- Operational Latitude
PRINCIPLES OF JOB GRADING
Some principles of job grading includes the following
- All jobs in a firm must be evaluated using an agreed job evaluation scheme.
- Job evaluators will need to get a thorough understanding of the job
- Job evaluation is linked with jobs, not people. It is not the person that is being evaluated.
- The job is evaluated as if it were being carried out in a fully competent, efficient and acceptable style.
- The evaluation is based on judgment thus it is not scientific. Although if applied properly it can enable objective judgments to be made.
- It is probable to make a judgment about a job’s contribution relative to other jobs in an institute.
- The actual test of the evaluation results is their acceptability to all participants.
- The evaluation can help organizational problem solving as it brings out duplication of tasks and gaps between jobs and functions.
TYPE OF SALARY AND JOB GRADING REVIEW SYSTEMS
There are different types of job grading systems that one can choose from. Some of the common ones include job ranking, job classification, factor comparison and point evaluation
- Job ranking
Job ranking system is mostly applied and is effective in small organizations because it is the fastest, easiest and least expensive job grading system to employ in an organization. When implementing the job ranking method, you can rank or arrange the jobs in order of highest to lowest in regards to their importance in the business organisation
- Job classification
This system of salary and job grading is frequently used by government and university employers. The purpose of using the classification method of job is to establish pay grades. When using this method, the first step to take is to create descriptions for each job category and then a set of standards will be developed for each set of jobs within that category. Finally, the positions are matched to categories based on the similar duties and overall value to the organization
- Points evaluation
Points Evaluation is one of the most commonly used methods. Under this method, a point system is made based on the overall monetary value of a position within the organization. The first step to carry out under this method is to determine what skills a group of jobs is expected to possess. Then these points will be assigned based on these characteristics that represent the importance of the job within the organization as a whole.
- Factor comparison
Factor comparison deals with using various factors to determine the salary and job grading review. It can be based on some factors such as:
- Company Image
- Complexity of Work
- Compliance with Standards
- Contribution to Corporate/Unit Goals
- Contribution to Product Delivery
- Control of Financial Resources
- Creative Thinking
- Customer Services
- Impact on End Results
- Leadership/Team Membership
- Management of Human Resources
- Planning & Organizing
- Process Management
- Professional Qualification
- Revenue Contribution
- Safety & Security
- Scope of Activities
- Work Experience
- Working Conditions
- Working Relationships
ADVANTAGES OF SALARY AND JOB GRADING REVIEW TO YOUR ORGANIZATION
The job evaluation process contains every job and worker in the business, offering appraisals and feedback to ensure the work is being done as projected and within reasonable time. Job evaluations are not necessarily a negative experience for the work forces, as they can get recognition and promotions for their hard work subsequent a favorable performance appraisal. Some of its advantages includes the following:
- Addressing Employee Needs
One of the advantages of having biannual or annual job evaluations is that you can address employee needs in the workplace. One employee may not be performing well in the given job because of the lack of resources in your company. The employee may also need additional training to complete tasks effectively in the given job, so in response to the evaluation, training can be initiated and completed
- Developing Employees
A common job grading between you and your employees includes a discussion of both the positive achievements the employee has obtained and aspects of job performance that need to be addressed and corrected. Your employees want to know what they are doing right and get attention or recognition for their hard work. Give them the proper appraisal and focus on the things that need attention, if applicable. Use the strengths and weaknesses of your employees to set new goals for them. These new goals will help develop their skills to improve your business.
- Financial certainty
Job grading can help to better manage payroll costs. The process is essential in setting the right budgets, providing in particular with greater certainty for the year. An equitable pay and grading structure can be developed organisation-wide, and it will also create a more accurate picture of pay to assist with planning year on year.
- Retain valued employees
Job grading can have a positive impact on talent retention. It brings about transparency and fairness prevails. This structured approach offers a clear line of sight for employees in terms of career development and by communicating the fact that the system offers a fair pay, employees can have confidence that they are being fairly remunerated.
- Attracts talent
Job grading can also enhance your employee value proposition. A solid framework can inform decisions around each individual and promote the organisation’s position as a responsible and ethical employer. By showing candidates that the organisation is committed to fair and equal opportunities, this upholds the employer’s promise to its prospective and current employees.
By communicating a good internal framework of pay grades, this objective approach can strengthen the trust candidates place in you and be the critical factor that makes them choose you over a competitor organisation
- Demonstrate vision
Rationalizing roles into a system of grades and job families can also bolster the use of cutting edge technology. A system of job grading may also enable organisations to more easily identify where artificial intelligence could complement each job role, driving productivity in the workplace. They can use the framework to understand the impact of their role, know how their role fits in with delivering the wider vision of the firm and feel more valued for their contribution.
WHO WE ARE?
As organizations continue to grow and new firms emerges, there will always be challenges and discrepancies to standing principles of job grading. Qeeva Advisory is a member of the Matog consulting group with over 18 years’ experience in salary and job grading review service. We aid in job grading structures and review while considering many factors such as the local market analysis, comparators bench marking and job making
At Qeeva Advisory, Job evaluation is a useful technique that we implement to enable trained and experienced employees to evaluate the size of one job relative to others. It does not directly determine pay levels, however will form the basis for an internal ranking of jobs. We have the knowledge and understanding of pay and grading theories and practice within any sector or industry in Nigeria
We offer salary and job grading review services by implementing the following:
- Undertaking a comprehensive review and evaluation to ensure that our client’s salary and benefits packages are equitable, competitive and in line with the prevailing labour market rates particularly in line with other countries in the same industry
- Recommendation based on available evidence or data, appropriate salaries and benefits in line with other similar organizations pay packages for the different levels of staff( full-time staffs and part-time staffs)
- Recommendation of an annual percentile increase in line with other similar companies in the country
- Building the capacity of the HR team so that they can prepare future pay reviews
- Redesigning the client’s salary scale taking in account the concept of equal pay for an equal value of work
- Preparing a presentation to the leadership team on major findings, recommendations and transitional arrangements
- Provision of an implementation plan for the salary structure based on the prevailing labour market
- Preparing and submitting a final detailed report
OUR PROCESS OF SALARY AND JOB GRADING REVIEW SERVICES
- Understanding the Organization
The first step is a preliminary organization review which should be carried out with the department and division concerned. The objective of such a review is to understand the jobs in relationship of one job to others within the organization. In the review, the following points should be considered.
- Reporting relationships must be unmistakably defined
- The possibility of combining similar jobs must be investigated and any overlap or duplication of duties sidestepped
- The number of jobs and budgeted workers must be checked against approved manpower budgets
- Organizational charts must be up-to-date and approved
After the review has been carried out, it will provide all the necessary details needed on the organization in order for us to carry out the salary and job grading review
- Job Analysis
The second step is to analyse each job and to discover what the job covers. Job Analysis requires collecting the facts of the job and its environment, determining the salary grade, analysing the tasks and responsibilities involved and defining the skills and knowledge needed of the incumbent to perform the job in a satisfactory way.
- Job Description
The third step is to design the Job Descriptions. This means to put down in an orderly and standardized form the information gathered through Job Analysis in step 2.
The Job Description involves three parts:
- A brief description of the duties and responsibilities of the job,
- A description of the minimum education, training and related experience needed for handling such duties, tasks and responsibilities.
- An explanation of all other information needed for job evaluation purposes.
Job descriptions must always be kept up to date and amended when changes to responsibilities or other information take place
- Salary and job grading system review
After the job descriptions have been assigned, the final step is the salary and job grading system review. At Qeeva Advisory Limited, we will trail quality gradation patterns to ensure both workers satisfactions and quality output. Some factors that may affect the salary and job grading system contains:
- Experience and skills needed for a particular job
- Nature and range of duties
- Decision making ability
- Responsibility towards confidentiality
- Leadership skills
The salary and job grading system is the backbone of any firm that hopes to see success in realizing its organizational goals. This will ensure the smooth workflow of the organization.
- Service Providers
- Oil & Gas
- Government agencies
- Health Care
- Finance & Insurance
- Real Estate
- Professional & Technical Services
- Trade: Import & Exports
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE US FOR SALARY AND JOB GRADING REVIEW SERVICE
At Qeeva Advisory, we know the problems that might arise in your business, and we have the experience that is needed to avoid these problems proactively. You should hire us because:
- Privacy and Security
We always ensure that the information and data collected from our clients are highly secured and confidential. We do not disclose such to a third party which in turn protects our clients
Our team includes professionals, experts and strategists who are vast in salary and job grading experience. Our firm has experience in dealing with companies from different sectors and industries. We have solid knowledge and experience in effective human resources management including the application of the best practices in the development of a clear salary and compensation salary
The cost of our salary and job grading review services vary for different types of businesses whether small, medium or large. Our services are cost effective and affordable
We deliver our salary and job grading review service quickly and we get the job done efficiently within the time frame given to us by our clients
The process of evaluating and grading a job involves systematically determining the value of a position within an organization. Salary and Job grading review is different from performance evaluations and assessment and its main goal is to rate and grade the job itself, not the person responsible for doing it. It determines the value of one’s job in relation to others in order to ensure that a fair hierarchy and salary structure are put in place in the business organization
At Qeeva Advisory, we are experienced in supporting organizations to develop practical and workable solutions to pay and grading issues. For your salary and job grading review service, you can contact us on 08023200801, 08075765799, Email: email@example.com